donate and help EMPOWER OUR COMMUNITY
DONATE TO OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE EFFORTS
Through donations received, we will work with individuals without homes, especially LGBTQ youth. We carry out our work in three wards: Ward 5 and the two hardest impacted areas in DC, Ward 7 and 8.
Empowerment Enterprise II is taking the following multi-tier approach to meeting the need of individuals without homes during the coronavirus pandemic.
The program will consist of 5 aspects:
1. Providing survival kits that include essentials for those without homes. The kits will include:
$50 Gift card, hygiene kits, feminine products, bottled water, dry goods, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and can goods if desired
2. Access to clean cloths pantry to prevent spread of pathogens to those in need.
3. Tents and sleeping bags for individuals in need to support social distancing and providing shelter in place.
4. Resource call center-Our staff will serve as coordinators to distribute survival kits to those in need, offering additional resource referrals, peer to peer counseling and online chat groups/support.
5. Partner Micro Grants- We will partner with other organizations, making available micro grants available to extend our reach and impact.